apko is a command-line tool that allows users to build container images using a declarative language based on YAML.
The following image contains an overview of the apko ecosystem and how it interacts with melange for building apk-based images, using either Alpine or Wolfi as base system.
- Fully reproducible by default. Run apko twice and you will get exactly the same binary.
- Fast. apko aims to build images in ms.
- Small. apko generated images only contain what’s needed by the application, in the style of distroless.
- SBOM Support. apko produces a Software Bill of Materials (SBOM) for images, detailing all the packages inside.
- Services. apko supports using the s6 supervision suite to run multiple processes in a container without reaping or signalling issues.
Last updated: 2022-10-10 11:07